Marissa Nadler – Dead City Emily
Dead City Emily is taken from the new album “July” which is out February 4th on Sacred Bones (North America) and February 10th on Bella Union.
- 2004: Ballads of Living and Dying (Eclipse Records)
- 2005: The Saga of Mayflower May (Eclipse Records)
- 2005: Four-Track Recordings, Outtakes
- 2007: Songs III: Bird on the Water (Kemado Records)
- 2009: Little Hells (Kemado Records)
- 2011: Marissa Nadler (Box of Cedar Records) – Featured ‘Wedding’ video is taken from this album
- 2012: The Sister EP (Box of Cedar Records)
- 2014: July (Sacred Bones Records) – New single ‘Dead City Emily’ taken from this new album
Currently signed to Sacred Bones Records and Bella Union, Marissa Nadler’s vocals have been described as, “..a voice that, in mythological times, could have lured men to their deaths at sea, an intoxicating soprano drenched in gauzy reverb that hits bell-clear heights, lingers, and tapers off like rings of smoke.” A siren of sound, her music will draw you in never to return quite the same…..
Based in Boston her songs are based around an American Gothic theme with influences ranging from Fleetwood Mac to Leonard Cohen..
Truly refreshing, dreamy and bewitching.. Go board this song boat, let it drift and set sail into the ear’s canal……….