THE LISTENING POST BLOG
A place to discover new sounds, where the music speaks for itself……..
- Follow on WordPress.com
GET IN TOUCH! Send your music- Click on image below
26th April 2023: H. Hawkline beautifully bares his blood, bones and soul for latest offering – which was released last month (I’m a bit late to this one!)
31st March 2023:Dream by name, dreamy by nature! Orions Belte release new track and it’s a steel!
15th March 2023: Boston’s WRINKLER releases new album: “For You, Now” & I like what this DIY outfit have to offer!
24th June 2022: Wax Machine’s latest double A-side single includes a FINE rendition of Vinicius De Moraes and Baden Powell’s seminal 1966 “Canto De Iemanja” (24.6.22)
9th November 2021:Record Kicks presents “Origin of Forms” the vibrant debut album by Moscow funk band The Diasonics – due January 2022! (9.11.21)
8th July 2021: Savila releases MAYAHUEL as the follow-up to their self-titled debut LP and further explores the realms of cumbia, dream-pop, spirited vocals, hallucinatory riffing and driving percussion
1st June 2021: BBE Music issues instrumental versions from classic DJ Vadim album “The Soundcatcher” for the first time since its original release in 2007! (1.6.21)
17th Maruch 2021: SOARING SUNSHINE FOR THE EARS! Uplifting sounds look set to erupt from Fimber Bravo’s forthcoming album, “Lunar Tredd”! Due this week!!
26th February 2021: COSMIC CHAOS OF THE HEADY KIND!! The Writhing Squares forthcoming release looks set to be a blast!
29th January 2021: Sitka Sun’s sophomore release promises more cosmic escapism!
1st September 2020: Latest single from London’s Chelou is “Real” dreamy!
9th July 2020: Now-Again releases the third album for Brazilian guitarist, Fabiano do Nascimento
19th June 2020: Melbourne’s Midlife announces new album, “Automatic”, with first single, “Rare Air” being a rather lovely chunk of cosmic escapism!
30th May 2020: Kutiman releases the first single from his long awaited forthcoming album, “Wachaga” – Due for release on 19th July
25th May 2020: Liotia’s upcoming haunting new single “SILENCE” is announced – Due 2nd June!
15th May 2020: ATA releases/reissues “Early Works: Funk, Soul And Afro Rarities From The Archives”
4th May 2020: Orquesta Akokán’s latest single, “4 de Octubre”, is a lucumi fever dream of sublime mambo..out NOW on Daptone Records.
24th April 2020: Berlin’s Shika Shika records announces new album: “A Guide to the Birdsong of Mexico, Central America & the Caribbean”
17th April 2020: East London’s post punk purveyors share first track from upcoming EP
12th April 2020: LA’s finest, The Buttertones release new album: Jazzhound
31st March 2020: Michael Clark is to release haunting new single: “Winter Song”
- SONG OF THE DAY Patricia Conley & The Royal Robins – Mama What’ll I Do May 26, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Chewy She – Shine May 24, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Connie Kim – Lý Luận Tình Yêu May 23, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Claudio Villa – Claudio Villa A Mezza Coce (Stornelli amorosi – Parte II) May 22, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Chase Webster – Moody River May 21, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Tommy McCook – Harvest In The East May 20, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Huw Marc Bennett – Pinc Sunset May 19, 2023
- Alceu Valença & Geraldo Azevedo – Planetário May 18, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Los York’s – Abrazame Baby May 17, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Syd Jones & The Troubedours – Cardova May 16, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Mac Rebennack – Storm Warning May 15, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Martin Denny – Similau May 14, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Guadalupe Plata – La Cigüeña May 12, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Bill Cooley & Alan Munson – Slightly Sue May 10, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Otis Rush & His Band – All Your Love (I Miss Loving) May 9, 2023
BROWSE POSTS BY DATE:
Daily Archives: April 28, 2021
SONG OF THE DAY Akofa Akoussah – I Tcho Tchass
Togolese singer Julie Akofa Akoussah, a.k.a Akofa Akoussah, was truly driven by music. She began singing at the age of three, inspired and led by her mother and older sister, and by the time she was 8 she became principal … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 1 Comment