THE LISTENING POST BLOG
A place to discover new sounds, where the music speaks for itself……..
- Follow on WordPress.com
GET IN TOUCH! Send your music- Click on image below
15th March 2023: Boston’s WRINKLER releases new album: “For You, Now” & I like what this DIY outfit have to offer!
24th June 2022: Wax Machine’s latest double A-side single includes a FINE rendition of Vinicius De Moraes and Baden Powell’s seminal 1966 “Canto De Iemanja” (24.6.22)
9th November 2021:Record Kicks presents “Origin of Forms” the vibrant debut album by Moscow funk band The Diasonics – due January 2022! (9.11.21)
8th July 2021: Savila releases MAYAHUEL as the follow-up to their self-titled debut LP and further explores the realms of cumbia, dream-pop, spirited vocals, hallucinatory riffing and driving percussion
1st June 2021: BBE Music issues instrumental versions from classic DJ Vadim album “The Soundcatcher” for the first time since its original release in 2007! (1.6.21)
17th Maruch 2021: SOARING SUNSHINE FOR THE EARS! Uplifting sounds look set to erupt from Fimber Bravo’s forthcoming album, “Lunar Tredd”! Due this week!!
26th February 2021: COSMIC CHAOS OF THE HEADY KIND!! The Writhing Squares forthcoming release looks set to be a blast!
29th January 2021: Sitka Sun’s sophomore release promises more cosmic escapism!
1st September 2020: Latest single from London’s Chelou is “Real” dreamy!
9th July 2020: Now-Again releases the third album for Brazilian guitarist, Fabiano do Nascimento
19th June 2020: Melbourne’s Midlife announces new album, “Automatic”, with first single, “Rare Air” being a rather lovely chunk of cosmic escapism!
30th May 2020: Kutiman releases the first single from his long awaited forthcoming album, “Wachaga” – Due for release on 19th July
25th May 2020: Liotia’s upcoming haunting new single “SILENCE” is announced – Due 2nd June!
15th May 2020: ATA releases/reissues “Early Works: Funk, Soul And Afro Rarities From The Archives”
4th May 2020: Orquesta Akokán’s latest single, “4 de Octubre”, is a lucumi fever dream of sublime mambo..out NOW on Daptone Records.
24th April 2020: Berlin’s Shika Shika records announces new album: “A Guide to the Birdsong of Mexico, Central America & the Caribbean”
17th April 2020: East London’s post punk purveyors share first track from upcoming EP
12th April 2020: LA’s finest, The Buttertones release new album: Jazzhound
31st March 2020: Michael Clark is to release haunting new single: “Winter Song”
- SONG OF THE DAY Getatchew Mekurya – Akale Wube March 18, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Jo Hamann – Wild Woman March 17, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Space Walkers – Swamp Gas March 16, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Project Gemini – After The Dawn March 14, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Ofege – Nobody Fails March 13, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Jackie Mittoo & The Soul Brothers – Voodoo Moon March 12, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Ebb Tides – My Baby’s Gone March 11, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Inferno – The Inferno March 10, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Creations – Get On My Train March 9, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Protomartyr – Make Way March 8, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Winston Wright with Tommy McCook & The Supersonics – Psychedelic Reggae March 7, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Exciters – Exciters Theme March 6, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Fair Nick Stars – Arrete Mal Parle March 5, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Marie Knight & Sister Rosetta Tharpe – Calvary March 4, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Guadalupe Plata – En Mi Tumba March 3, 2023
BROWSE POSTS BY DATE:
Tag Archives: Avantgarde
SONG OF THE DAY The Deviants – I’m Coming Home
It’s hard to say exactly who The Deviants were in one sentence, as this band have been around for many moons and in that time have seen many a different band member come and go! Initially known as The Social … Continue reading
Posted in Avant-garde, garage, Garage punk, Garage Rock, Psychedelic rock Tagged Avantgarde, Blues, Garage Rock, Protopunk, Psychedelic Leave a comment
SONG OF THE DAY The Velvet Underground – I’m Gonna Move Right In
I’ve never claimed be the biggest Lou Reed fan (don’t hate me) and for those that know me, they will know that I don’t really rate them too much…but I have to concede that The Velvet Underground have had a … Continue reading
Posted in Avant-garde, Blues, Garage Rock, Instrumental Tagged Avantgarde, Garage Rock, Instrumental, MGM Records, Verve Records Leave a comment