THE LISTENING POST BLOG
A place to discover new sounds, where the music speaks for itself……..
- Follow on WordPress.com
GET IN TOUCH! Send your music- Click on image below
26th April 2023: H. Hawkline beautifully bares his blood, bones and soul for latest offering – which was released last month (I’m a bit late to this one!)
31st March 2023:Dream by name, dreamy by nature! Orions Belte release new track and it’s a steel!
15th March 2023: Boston’s WRINKLER releases new album: “For You, Now” & I like what this DIY outfit have to offer!
24th June 2022: Wax Machine’s latest double A-side single includes a FINE rendition of Vinicius De Moraes and Baden Powell’s seminal 1966 “Canto De Iemanja” (24.6.22)
9th November 2021:Record Kicks presents “Origin of Forms” the vibrant debut album by Moscow funk band The Diasonics – due January 2022! (9.11.21)
8th July 2021: Savila releases MAYAHUEL as the follow-up to their self-titled debut LP and further explores the realms of cumbia, dream-pop, spirited vocals, hallucinatory riffing and driving percussion
1st June 2021: BBE Music issues instrumental versions from classic DJ Vadim album “The Soundcatcher” for the first time since its original release in 2007! (1.6.21)
17th Maruch 2021: SOARING SUNSHINE FOR THE EARS! Uplifting sounds look set to erupt from Fimber Bravo’s forthcoming album, “Lunar Tredd”! Due this week!!
26th February 2021: COSMIC CHAOS OF THE HEADY KIND!! The Writhing Squares forthcoming release looks set to be a blast!
29th January 2021: Sitka Sun’s sophomore release promises more cosmic escapism!
1st September 2020: Latest single from London’s Chelou is “Real” dreamy!
9th July 2020: Now-Again releases the third album for Brazilian guitarist, Fabiano do Nascimento
19th June 2020: Melbourne’s Midlife announces new album, “Automatic”, with first single, “Rare Air” being a rather lovely chunk of cosmic escapism!
30th May 2020: Kutiman releases the first single from his long awaited forthcoming album, “Wachaga” – Due for release on 19th July
25th May 2020: Liotia’s upcoming haunting new single “SILENCE” is announced – Due 2nd June!
15th May 2020: ATA releases/reissues “Early Works: Funk, Soul And Afro Rarities From The Archives”
4th May 2020: Orquesta Akokán’s latest single, “4 de Octubre”, is a lucumi fever dream of sublime mambo..out NOW on Daptone Records.
24th April 2020: Berlin’s Shika Shika records announces new album: “A Guide to the Birdsong of Mexico, Central America & the Caribbean”
17th April 2020: East London’s post punk purveyors share first track from upcoming EP
12th April 2020: LA’s finest, The Buttertones release new album: Jazzhound
31st March 2020: Michael Clark is to release haunting new single: “Winter Song”
- SONG OF THE DAY Mary Afi Usuah – Tenkim Kpoho June 7, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Charlie Musselwhite – Strange Land June 6, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Carlos Puebla – Hasta Siempre June 5, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Jo Jo Bennet – Leaving Rome June 4, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Arif Sag- Su Samsunun Evleri June 2, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Hoodna Orchestra – Ben Yehuda June 1, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Duy Quang & Thái Hiền – Mộng Về Quê May 31, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Squid – The Blades May 30, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Los Lazos – La Rola May 29, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Nathan Davis – Cecen Kizi May 28, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Patricia Conley & The Royal Robins – Mama What’ll I Do May 26, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Chewy She – Shine May 24, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Connie Kim – Lý Luận Tình Yêu May 23, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Claudio Villa – Claudio Villa A Mezza Coce (Stornelli amorosi – Parte II) May 22, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Chase Webster – Moody River May 21, 2023
BROWSE POSTS BY DATE:
Tag Archives: Fifties skiffle
SONG(S) OF THE DAY Ezra Furman – Wobbly and at the Bottom of the Ocean
Seeing Ezra Furman perform at the John Peel Centre (Stowmarket, Suffolk) last night was an extraordinary pleasure, one that I hadn’t anticipated would be so outstanding. The Chicago-born singer-songwriter has a stage presence that equates the power of his music … Continue reading
Posted in bella Union, Blues, Doo-wop, Fifties Skiffle, Garage pop, Psyche Pop, Rhythm-based Tagged Blues, Doo Wop, Fifties skiffle, Indie pop, Sixties garage Leave a comment