THE LISTENING POST BLOG
A place to discover new sounds, where the music speaks for itself……..
- Follow on WordPress.com
GET IN TOUCH! Send your music- Click on image below
15th March 2023: Boston’s WRINKLER releases new album: “For You, Now” & I like what this DIY outfit have to offer!
24th June 2022: Wax Machine’s latest double A-side single includes a FINE rendition of Vinicius De Moraes and Baden Powell’s seminal 1966 “Canto De Iemanja” (24.6.22)
9th November 2021:Record Kicks presents “Origin of Forms” the vibrant debut album by Moscow funk band The Diasonics – due January 2022! (9.11.21)
8th July 2021: Savila releases MAYAHUEL as the follow-up to their self-titled debut LP and further explores the realms of cumbia, dream-pop, spirited vocals, hallucinatory riffing and driving percussion
1st June 2021: BBE Music issues instrumental versions from classic DJ Vadim album “The Soundcatcher” for the first time since its original release in 2007! (1.6.21)
17th Maruch 2021: SOARING SUNSHINE FOR THE EARS! Uplifting sounds look set to erupt from Fimber Bravo’s forthcoming album, “Lunar Tredd”! Due this week!!
26th February 2021: COSMIC CHAOS OF THE HEADY KIND!! The Writhing Squares forthcoming release looks set to be a blast!
29th January 2021: Sitka Sun’s sophomore release promises more cosmic escapism!
1st September 2020: Latest single from London’s Chelou is “Real” dreamy!
9th July 2020: Now-Again releases the third album for Brazilian guitarist, Fabiano do Nascimento
19th June 2020: Melbourne’s Midlife announces new album, “Automatic”, with first single, “Rare Air” being a rather lovely chunk of cosmic escapism!
30th May 2020: Kutiman releases the first single from his long awaited forthcoming album, “Wachaga” – Due for release on 19th July
25th May 2020: Liotia’s upcoming haunting new single “SILENCE” is announced – Due 2nd June!
15th May 2020: ATA releases/reissues “Early Works: Funk, Soul And Afro Rarities From The Archives”
4th May 2020: Orquesta Akokán’s latest single, “4 de Octubre”, is a lucumi fever dream of sublime mambo..out NOW on Daptone Records.
24th April 2020: Berlin’s Shika Shika records announces new album: “A Guide to the Birdsong of Mexico, Central America & the Caribbean”
17th April 2020: East London’s post punk purveyors share first track from upcoming EP
12th April 2020: LA’s finest, The Buttertones release new album: Jazzhound
31st March 2020: Michael Clark is to release haunting new single: “Winter Song”
- SONG OF THE DAY Gitkin – East Middle Dub March 28, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Dock Boggs – Oh Death March 26, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Bruce Haack – Saint Basil March 25, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Steve Young – Coyote March 24, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Tommy Johnson – Canned Heat Blues March 23, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Ruby Andrews – You Can Run But You Can’t Hide March 22, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Robohands – Nightshade March 21, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Getatchew Mekurya – Akale Wube March 18, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Jo Hamann – Wild Woman March 17, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Space Walkers – Swamp Gas March 16, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Project Gemini – After The Dawn March 14, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Ofege – Nobody Fails March 13, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Jackie Mittoo & The Soul Brothers – Voodoo Moon March 12, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Ebb Tides – My Baby’s Gone March 11, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Inferno – The Inferno March 10, 2023
BROWSE POSTS BY DATE:
Tag Archives: L.A
SONG OF THE DAY Dengue Fever – March of the Balloon Animals
As a piece of music on its own, today’s song is a curious offering of the cosmic kind! Group it together in the album it comes from and a story unfolds, for this makes up part of a soundtrack, specially … Continue reading
SONG OF THE DAY Steady Holiday – Halloween In November
Andrea ‘Dre’ Babinski is a LA-based actor, singer-songwriter, violinist and guitarist; possibly best known as the indie solo act, Steady Holiday. With her debut LP Under the Influence due for release this June, the young artist has also just released her Terror … Continue reading
SONG OF THE DAY Jesse Hackett – Sacred Oblivion
A few years ago whilst browsing a record shop in search of something new and interesting, I discovered the obscure sounds of Elmore Judd. Described as a blend of lo fi-soul, punk-funk and post-wave, pinning their music down to a … Continue reading
You must be logged in to post a comment.