THE LISTENING POST BLOG
A place to discover new sounds, where the music speaks for itself……..
- Follow on WordPress.com
GET IN TOUCH! Send your music- Click on image below
15th March 2023: Boston’s WRINKLER releases new album: “For You, Now” & I like what this DIY outfit have to offer!
24th June 2022: Wax Machine’s latest double A-side single includes a FINE rendition of Vinicius De Moraes and Baden Powell’s seminal 1966 “Canto De Iemanja” (24.6.22)
9th November 2021:Record Kicks presents “Origin of Forms” the vibrant debut album by Moscow funk band The Diasonics – due January 2022! (9.11.21)
8th July 2021: Savila releases MAYAHUEL as the follow-up to their self-titled debut LP and further explores the realms of cumbia, dream-pop, spirited vocals, hallucinatory riffing and driving percussion
1st June 2021: BBE Music issues instrumental versions from classic DJ Vadim album “The Soundcatcher” for the first time since its original release in 2007! (1.6.21)
17th Maruch 2021: SOARING SUNSHINE FOR THE EARS! Uplifting sounds look set to erupt from Fimber Bravo’s forthcoming album, “Lunar Tredd”! Due this week!!
26th February 2021: COSMIC CHAOS OF THE HEADY KIND!! The Writhing Squares forthcoming release looks set to be a blast!
29th January 2021: Sitka Sun’s sophomore release promises more cosmic escapism!
1st September 2020: Latest single from London’s Chelou is “Real” dreamy!
9th July 2020: Now-Again releases the third album for Brazilian guitarist, Fabiano do Nascimento
19th June 2020: Melbourne’s Midlife announces new album, “Automatic”, with first single, “Rare Air” being a rather lovely chunk of cosmic escapism!
30th May 2020: Kutiman releases the first single from his long awaited forthcoming album, “Wachaga” – Due for release on 19th July
25th May 2020: Liotia’s upcoming haunting new single “SILENCE” is announced – Due 2nd June!
15th May 2020: ATA releases/reissues “Early Works: Funk, Soul And Afro Rarities From The Archives”
4th May 2020: Orquesta Akokán’s latest single, “4 de Octubre”, is a lucumi fever dream of sublime mambo..out NOW on Daptone Records.
24th April 2020: Berlin’s Shika Shika records announces new album: “A Guide to the Birdsong of Mexico, Central America & the Caribbean”
17th April 2020: East London’s post punk purveyors share first track from upcoming EP
12th April 2020: LA’s finest, The Buttertones release new album: Jazzhound
31st March 2020: Michael Clark is to release haunting new single: “Winter Song”
- SONG OF THE DAY Steve Young – Coyote March 24, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Tommy Johnson – Canned Heat Blues March 23, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Ruby Andrews – You Can Run But You Can’t Hide March 22, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Robohands – Nightshade March 21, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Getatchew Mekurya – Akale Wube March 18, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Jo Hamann – Wild Woman March 17, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Space Walkers – Swamp Gas March 16, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Project Gemini – After The Dawn March 14, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Ofege – Nobody Fails March 13, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Jackie Mittoo & The Soul Brothers – Voodoo Moon March 12, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Ebb Tides – My Baby’s Gone March 11, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Inferno – The Inferno March 10, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY The Creations – Get On My Train March 9, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Protomartyr – Make Way March 8, 2023
- SONG OF THE DAY Winston Wright with Tommy McCook & The Supersonics – Psychedelic Reggae March 7, 2023
BROWSE POSTS BY DATE:
Tag Archives: Underscore Collective
SONG OF THE DAY Toydrum – Whirlwind of Rubbish
Multi-instrumentalist Pablo Clements and James Griffith have been members of the trip-hop outfit UNKLE since 2007. Whilst UNKLE co-founder James Lavelle put the project on temporary hold, Clements and Griffith branched off to create their own experimental electronic group, TOYDRUM. Earlier this year they began working … Continue reading
Posted in Evangelist, Gavin Clark, Toydrum, Underscore collective Tagged Evangelist, Gavin Clark, Toydrum, Underscore Collective 1 Comment
SONG OF THE DAY TOYDRUM – Never Feel This Young
Gavin Clark was a unique, understated and modest artist, always on the brink of discovery and yet always a world away from its limelight. I have admired his work ever since he started out with his first band Sunhouse back … Continue reading
Posted in Alternative, Folk, Folk Pop, Indie, Indie pop, Rock, Singer/Songwriter Tagged Gavin Clark, This is England, Underscore Collective 1 Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.